Our mission @ ExceLENS is to salute the achievements of the region’s finest photographers (Pros/Amateurs), to discover new and emerging talent including students, home makers, hobbyists, literally anyone, and to promote the appreciation of photography/videography.
- Food: Any still life photographs of food. (Packed, Unpacked and Altered)
- Architecture: Bridges, Skyscrapers, Interiors, Industrial, Buildings and Structures.
- People: Portraits (Traditional, Environmental, Glamour, Candid, Lifestyle, Surreal, Abstract, Conceptual) that focus on a single person or a small group of people (Children and/or Adults)
- Street: Street Photography is open to all photographs that records every day life in public places.
- Videography / Moving Images: TimeLapse Videos, Short Documentary, Video with a story between 30 seconds to 5 minutes.
- Lifestyle & Fashion: Model Photographs, Commercial Photographs and Photographs that tell stories about people's lives or to inspire people in different times. Capture portrait/people in situations, real-life events or milestones in an artistic manner and the art of the everyday.
- Nature / Wildlife: Landscapes, Wild Life, Aerial/Drone Photos, Pets, Panoramic, Seasons, Sunsets, Deserts, Trees, Flowers and Underwater Photographs falls under this category.
- Fine Arts: Abstracts, Collage, Photographs with Special Effects, Black & White Photos, People or Architecture photography that are intended to be appreciated as visual art or an artistic photograph!
- Technology: Especially depicting digital transformation and more.
Who is Eligible
Professionals (those who earn the majority of their income from photography), emerging (amateurs/hobbyists), and student photographers are invited to submit their work. ExceLENS is open to photographers from all over the MEA region.
Upload your beautifully crafted image/s onto our Instagram page #ExcelensAwards. Mention your full name & the category that you are entering your image for. Alternately, you can WeTransfer your image/s to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only digital submissions are permitted and image files must be no longer than 1000 pixels on the longest side, 72 pixel/inch and saved as .jpg, in RGB format and not exceed 4MB per file.You can enter for as many categories as you choose, with a maximum of 5 images / category. All photographs should be no older than 5 years old. The images can be taken from conventional cameras or even smart phone cameras.
The last date to submit is April 7th, 2019.
Use and Ownership of Images
Copyright and all other rights remain that of the photographer. Any photograph used by ExceLENS shall carry the photographer’s credit line.
- Certificate of Achievement from TEA (Toshiba ExceLENS Awards)
- 3 Lucky winners get to fly to a foreign destination for an all expense paid trip*
- Winners get Automatic Entry into ‘ Wall of Fame’ Awards that will follow TEA
- Specially Carved Individualised Trophy for Winners
- Cash Prizes for all winners
* Details to be announced by 1st week of March 2019
FAQs & Figures
No. Entry to the Toshiba Excelens Awards is free.
Any individual who makes a living using photography is considered a professional photographer.
The Toshiba Excelens Awards is open to all students not just photography students.
Yes, apart from conventional cameras, you can submit images taken with your mobile/smartphones as well.
You will be intimated upon submission vide email. In case not received, you will be guided till such time it is successfully received.
You can submit your photographs vide WeTransfer link on the email id provided ie email@example.com. Or hashtag and tag excelensawards.
Please refer to the submission guidelines provided on this site.
Please share the problem you are encountering in the subject line of your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can enter for as many categories as you choose, with a maximum of 5 images / category.
No, there is no time limit.
Yes you can, please mention when you are submitting it in such cases.
You will receive an email notification upon your entry being received in order.
A 8 Member Jury Panel will be constituted to review and evaluate/shortlist and pick the winners/runners up.
TEA (Toshiba ExceLENS Awards) will be held on April 21st, 2019.
Call for entries has begun and will end on April 7th, 2019.
The Awards Ceremony will be held in Dubai on April 21st, 2019.
Venue for the Awards will be announced in due course.
How to Enter
- Upload your photograph/video on the Instagram using #excelensawards
- You can also submit your photographs vide WeTransfer link on the email id provided ie email@example.com
- Get maximum number of likes/shares/comments from your community for your photo/video
- An expert jury panel will review the shortlisted work and make their selection based on each category.
- The nominees and winners will be awarded at the ceremony on April 21st.
Get in Touch
Call Us+971 4 386 7728
(8 am to 5 pm, UAE time, Sunday to Thursday)